Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, Eh?

After an excellent break Living with My Family in Virginia, I am back in Arkansas. 

I got back to the Natural State on Thursday, and promptly got to work grocery shopping and unpacking. It was startlingly warm (in the 60s), which may have been one the reasons it felt good to be back. It was also very nice to be back in the house with Chris, and, after a brief trip to Target, which was theoretically for conditioner and more hangers but somehow resulted in more than that, we spent Thursday night making dinner and showing off our Christmas gifts. 

Chris, unfortunately, had to go into work for an hour on Friday morning, so I passed the time while he was away by reading a bit of my book and watching an Ally McBeal rerun. When Chris got home from work, I figured it was time to change out of my pajamas so we could venture out into the real world. We went to the mall first, where I continued to take advantage of the Gap sale, and then to Anthropologie, where I bought a small bowl (I got a purple one for Christmas, and I like to keep the numbers even, so I bought a white one to go with it). 

Our plans for New Year's Eve were slow in coming together, but we planned to have an early dinner out with Chris's mom, sister, aunts and uncle. So, after a brief visit from Chris's dad and step-mom, which included a lovely champagne break, we got ready and headed out to the first of our evening's activities. 

After dinner, we headed home for a dessert of more champagne and cupcakes and then decided that, since it was about 7:00, we should probably figure out our plans for the night. Luckily, our friends Steven and Caitlin were wondering the same thing, so they headed over to our house so we could make a plan together.

After more drinks and several heated rounds of Guess Who (one of Chris's Christmas presents and a shockingly competitive game), we called a cab to whisk us off to a club downtown, where we planned to ring in 2011. We arrived at Sway just in time for a drink and some dancing before the countdown began and the bartenders (one of whom is the editor of Arkansas Bride…awkward), started doling out free champagne.
We got home around 2:00, went to bed around 4:00 and woke up around 11:00. As such, I'm assuming nothing needs to be said about what our Saturday was like. 

Sunday, Steven and Caitlin came over for lunch, mimosas, and the Saints game, and Chris and I undecorated our house. 

Now, back at work, I've spent most of the day reading all the e-mails I received over the past week, set up two meetings for tomorrow, and read Vanity Fair online. Let's say I'm easing back in, shall we?

New Year's Resolutions Include:
-Keeping a more consistent running schedule (aka, running 2-3 times a week, and not just any time there's some festive 5k in town)
-Reading more
-Dedicating more attention to this blog (since I know yall care oh so much)

And you?

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment