Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bittersweet

Well, the Hogs fought a good fight. 

For what turned out to be the most gut-wrenching college football game I've ever experienced, Chris and I opted to stay in, make cheese dip and hot dogs and drink beer. We debated going out, but eventually decided against it, and I'm glad we did. I watched most of the last quarter with my hands covering my eyes, which I'm not sure would have been acceptable in a social arena. 

Ah, well. Life goes on. 

Yesterday, at work, I was given the happy assignment of finding something for our intern to do. This was a very strange experience for me, as in the past, I've always been the intern looking for things to do. To be on the other side was both kind of nice and very weird. 

Unfortunately, as is often the case, there really wasn't much to be done. But, since I know too well what it's like to be the bored intern, I managed to come up with a way for Emily to help me with the assignment I was working on (the list for this week's issue). I gave her a list of people's names and contact information, and as she dictated it to me, I typed it in. Terribly exciting for both of us, let me tell you. 

Luckily, tomorrow is Friday, and this week has gone by pretty fast. Not sure what we're up to for tomorrow, but on Saturday the boy and I plan to work out at his dad's gym per usual, and then watch the Saint's playoff game against Seattle. 

Saturday night, we are meeting Remy's friend Lee and her fiancé Carl, who are newly minted Arkansans and live in North Little Rock. We'll be "continuing their Arkansas education," as Lee put it, by taking them out in our 'hood. 

Also, Sunday is supposed to bring the coldest weather of the season. Oh good.

 New Year's Resolution Tracker:

-Ran on Sunday, have a run planned for today and a workout planned for Saturday
-Read for an hour last night, and am very close to finishing my book
-Speaks for itself

No comments:

Post a Comment