Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Burritos, Bananas, Britney

Ok. I'll admit it. I'm one of those people who love Glee enough that even when the episode has little to no plot or character development, I still won't hear a bad word against it. Some side of me (the side that played Annie in Super Summer Actors camp and lip-synched all the songs) needs to have an outlet for my love of showtunes/trashy pop songs/classic rock hits. Glee gives me that, and as such, I will be a loyal and devoted fan no matter what. 

That being said, I will admit that last night's episode was little more than an excuse to recreate music videos from the Britney Spears golden years. Since that's a secret fantasy of mine, however, I loved it. I'd forgotten how amazing she used to be, pre-babies, pre-kevin, pre-shaved head, pre-paparazzi attack, pre-walking into a gas station bathroom barefoot. Last night, as Santana and Brittany got their anesthesia on, I got my nostalgia on. 

I also ate a lot. One of the things I do at work when I have nothing else to do, is look at food blogs. It helps to pass the time, but it also works to make me very hungry by the end of the day. Luckily, I live with a boy, so big eating is not something I have to be shy of. 

While Chris worked on a dinner of beef burritos with refried beans, cheddar cheese, green chilies, jalapenos, and hot sauce (we like spicy food, can you tell?), I made banana cupcakes. Chris's mom and sister had given me the mix as part of my birthday present, so I decided to go for it, with chocolate frosting on top. I won't say who ate how many, but by this morning, five were gone. 

Tonight we have plans to take Chris's sister, Stephanie, shoe shopping and out to dinner for her birthday, which was last Tuesday.  The weather is finally turning towards fall, and she and I are both in the market for some new boots to greet the season. It's almost October, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment